Welcome to the website of Pécs Diagnostic Center. Below you will find detailed information on CT, MRI and DEXA examinations.
The Pécs Diagnostic Center (NeuroCT Ltd.) started its activities in 1994 on a civil initiative. The aim of the founders – two foundations of the then Medical University of Pécs, and private individuals - was to create a diagnostic center of European standards. The modern imaging equipment installed by the center has contributed to raising the standard of patient care and medical education in the region, as well as research and development (R&D).
Today, the owners of the Pécs Diagnostic Center (NeuroCT Ltd.) are the „Pro Universitate Quinqueecclesiensis Foundation” of the Faculty of General Medicine of the University of Pécs and the „Olivecrona Foundation” of the Department of Neurosurgery, and operates as an independent spin-off Ltd. of the the Clinical Center, marketing university diagnostic knowledge.
Our Center performs several tasks. On the one hand, it provides CT, MR, DEXA imaging diagnostics to outpatients and inpatient patients at a high professional level, and on the other hand, it actively participates in undergraduate and postgraduate medical education and related scientific research.
The Pécs Diagnostic Center has a contract with the National Health Insurance Fund (NEAK), so the CT, MR, and DEXA examinations of patients with a valid Hungarian social security number „TAJ card” and a specialist referral are funded by the NEAK.
Foreign citizens of the European Union with insurance contracts can also use our services free of charge.
Our free diagnostic capacity available due to the volume limit of insured examinations imposed on by National Health Insurance Fund (NEAK), enables the opportunity to offer private (self-paid) service, as well. See the price list of our private (self-paid) examinations (CT, MR, DEXA) on a separate sheet!
The Pécs Diagnostic Center (NeuroCT Ltd.) established the Pécs Clinical Neuroscience Imaging Consortium with the University of Pécs in 2007, through which the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (HAS)-PTE Clinical Neuroscience MR Research Group has been operating here since 2012. The owner of the Research Group has been the Eötvös Lóránd Research Network (ELKH) since 2019. It has access to two advanced clinical MR (1.5T and 3T) machines and one 4.7 T dedicated small-animal MR scanner.
The multidisciplinary working group of the university (MR physicist, informatics expert, biologist, psychologist and neuro-physicians) garantees a high powered scientific team to perform clinical and animal experimental research. High field MR imaging is capable of following the functioning of the human brain directly and non-invasively; is capable of localizing autonomic human brain functions; and is also capable of studying the functional logics defined by brain structure and activity such as cognition, basic functioning of limbic affective-cognitive network, brain reward system, hearing visuo-tactile synchrony, pain-related autonomic (cardiac) response, etc. Accordingly, the team has been in the position to perform basic, applied and clinical research concerning human brain mapping and higher cognitive functions. The group has concentrated on body-mind relationship, on its irregularities and on the disordered mental functioning behind pathological conditions. The research group makes ongoing efforts to translate results of animal research into human clinical diagnostics.
Staff and affiliate researchers of the Clinical Neuroscience Imaging Group of ELKH-PTE:
Prof. Dr. József Janszky, Ph.D., D.Sc., head of the Group
Dr. Gergely Orsi, Ph.D.
Dr. Gábor Perlaki, Ph.D.
Dr. Endre Czeiter, Ph.D.
Dr. Szilvia Hajnalné Nagy, Ph.D.
Prof. Dr. Norbert Kovács, Ph.D., D.Sc.
Gergely Darnai, Ph.D.
Dr. Arnold Tóth, Ph.D.
Dr. Péter Tóth, Ph.D.
Prof. Dr. Dóczi Tamás, Ph.D., D.Sc., former head of the Group
Prof. Dr. Péter Bogner, Ph.D.
Prof. Dr. Sámuel Komoly, Ph.D., D.Sc.
Prof. Dr. Attila Schwarcz, Ph.D., D.Sc.
Prof. Dr. Zsolt Illés, Ph.D., D.Sc.
Dr. Eva Kiefer
Dr. István Balás, Ph.D.
Dr. Ferenc Kövér, Ph.D.
Dr. Zsolt Horváth, Ph.D.
Prof. Dr. András Büki, Ph.D., D.Sc.
Dr. Andrea Horváth, Ph.D.
Publications of the group are available at https://m2.mtmt.hu/gui2/?type=institutes&mode=browse&sel=institutes11058
OUR DIAGNOSTIC MISSION STATEMENT
The Pécs Diagnostic Center has been committed to high-quality healthcare for almost three decades.
With our work, we strive to diagnose diseases as accurately and swiftly as possible in order to promote the healing of our patients as quickly as possible, supporting the most effective work of the treating physicians. To this end, we operate a modern, reliable imaging fleet, and on the other hand, we use highly trained human resources.
The role of imaging diagnostics has grown significantly in recent decades and today, most therapeutic interventions rely on modern diagnostic methods. The technical standard of the imaging modalities operating in our institute and the training of the specialists operating them play an important role in the healing activities of the Clinical Center of the University of Pécs, just like in the work of the other refering institutions. As the development of imaging diagnostics has been uninterrupted even today, our institution is committed to the development and maintenance of diagnostic, educational and research work representing the international level.
In the vision of NEURO CT Pécs Diagnostic Center Ltd., the following basic aspects have been defined:
- to be a key provider in meeting the imaging diagnostic needs of the region;
- to adapt to the needs of patients and their referring physicians, using the latest advances in medicine;
- serving the respect and needs of the sick person, resolving their vulnerability;
- assisting medical and professional training and further training in order to ensure the effectiveness of future research and scientific work;
- developing our own diagnostic activity with research results, developed methods and tools supported by our diagnostic equipment;
- close professional and scientific cooperation with specialized clinical fields;
- protecting the health of patients and staff during activities, creating and maintaining a healthy environment.
The Pécs Diagnostic Center (NeuroCT Ltd.) considers the main goal of its tasks to be satisfying both domestic and international quality requirements, high-level, cultured patient care with human health diagnostic equipment, and the availability of our services within a reasonable time, including fast and flexible administration.
- Our institute and its management are committed to quality, performance-oriented work, to prove this we operate a quality management system based on the MSZ EN ISO 9001: 2015 standard and have decided to maintain it. We are committed to meeting the applicable requirements and provide the operation and continuous improvement of the system and provide the necessary resources.
- When selecting our employees, we take great care to have the necessary professional qualifications and internships and, if necessary, to prove special knowledge and skills.
- We ensure the continuous training and further training of our employees in order to keep pace with the development of the service they provide, the relevant laws, regulations, official regulations and to know the latest results of science and technology related to their field.
- We are constantly improving our service in terms of employee training, quality management, our machine and material assets, and our infrastructure.
- In order to raise the service level of NEUROCT Ltd., It strives for the process-oriented organization of its activities, in which problem-based problem solving and decision preparation play a key role.
- We consider the motivation of our employees and their secure vision that can be planned in the long run to be of utmost importance, for this purpose we strive to get to know their satisfaction, we ask for their opinions and thoughts regularly.
- Our staff sees their profession as a mission and strives to make it felt and experienced by all those who come for examinations.
- We select our suppliers so that the delivered products / services meet the requisite requirements. We regularly evaluate the activities of our suppliers and establish a close relationship only with those who meet the quality requirements we expect. NEUROCT Ltd. Strives to establish a permanent, long-term and good partnership with its subcontractors, which fundamentally influences the quality of its work, and in order to achieve this, we regularly communicate with our strategic partners.
- Diagnostic tests are performed under appropriate hygienic conditions. We pay attention to properly informing our patients and ensuring optimal patient safety and patient discretion.
- In order to protect the environment, we pay increased attention to complying with legal and other requirements, reducing our energy use and waste.
- In partnership with our European-standard equipment, we provide services for organized research and development, and we see this as a creative driving force in medicine with which we can contribute to the experimentation and practical introduction of new therapeutic procedures.
The Pécs Diagnostic Center is set up to provide professional training in all forms and facilities.